Sunday, December 18, 2011

The awesomeness of meaningless bowls

There is no reason whatsoever to have 35 bowl games. Teams that go 6-6 (or 6-7 haha UCLA) do not deserve to be rewarded for blah seasons or get suckered into paying a couple million bucks in exchange for a trip to Boise.


AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! /head asplode.

The stuff I wrote above and the video that would have made Gus Johnson's soul escape his body* are not mutually exclusive. There is nothing significant or meaningful about Wyoming playing Temple in the middle of December to decide which team gets a ninth win. I will remember nothing from that game in a year. But I still remember this:


Ridonkulous. BTW, that's from the 2001 GMAC Bowl, which is right up there with the '05 Rose Bowl as one of the greatest games I've ever seen, full stop.

I'm not really sure why I'm writing this other than to justify spending nine-ish hours watching mediocre teams play each other so I can suck every ounce of football out of the marrow of this dying season. I guess I also wanted a place to put this ...


... which I'm not sure is physically possible and therefore KICKER Y U WIZARD, and this ...


... which seemed like a pretty awesome ending until this:


Yes. Awesome games are awesome.

*That was Louisiana-Lafeyette's first bowl win. Ever. And they needed a borderline-miraculous call and then a 50-yard field goal to get it in a game that featured 19 points in the final 5:40 and nine points in the final 32 seconds (lol wwwhheeeeee). Celebration deserved.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.