Thursday, August 16, 2012

Notre Dame fans collectively die

I can't possibly come up with an appropriate intro so will just post these pictures of Notre Dame's uniforms for the Miami game (yes, they're real):


/head asplode
/insert kitten pitcure to cleanse mental palate


I mean ... like ... whaaaaa??? They're awful. Every part. There are no redeeming factors/qualities. Notre Dame = Maryland. I can't even look away but want to. I want to so badly.

NDNation is melting down in appropriate fashion. I'm not sure whether my favorite comment is this one (hat tip to Brian Cook) ...
As the last shreds of dignity are stripped from something I hold dear, I realize that I just cannot summon the energy for apoplexy any more.

I am increasingly embarrassed to be associated in any way with this program, however distantly and tangentially. And my emotional investment in the thing continues to wane. I am not alone in this.

The people charged with stewardship of this thing have failed and failed miserably for a very long time. It's just that in the past year, it's reached the realm of the absurd.

(sigh)
 ... or this one:
f history....let's be whores

And if we're going to be whores, let's go all the way. I also think we should let the students paint the Grotto once a year in whatever colors and with whatever graffiti they decide is appropriate. After all, it's about the kids. We're doing this for them.
It doesn't matter; they're both right.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.